My name is Roxanne and I am the eldest of a large family of 11 children. We are a bakers dozen if you include my parents! 😉 I live in South Africa on a farm. My family is one that is blended by biology, adoption and foster care. I love my family a ton!
Living on a farm has definitely had its challenges, but together as a family, we strive to make it work. It’s not as easy as old Macdonald had a farm haha….I mean did they ever tell you that old Macdonald had a drought or that old Macdonald had a chicken that that refused to lay eggs??
This blog is about the dozen and one things that interest me – farm life, cooking, baking, photography, art and crafts, big family life and more!
If you want to know a bit about me you can read following list 🙂
- I am a Christ follower and strive to serve Him in all that I do…without Him I am nothing.
- I drink tea….a lot of tea! I take my tea very seriously!
- I love baking and cooking…but baking even more…
- I have worked for 5 years part time in a fine dining restaurant doing catering , chefing and waitressing
- I now work part time for a company that distributes eggs.
- I have lived in 24 different dwellings and that includes a VW Kombi, a caravan and a park-home! (My parents traveled around a lot when I was younger!)
- I love travelling and exploring new places in South Africa….and taking a ton of selfies 😀
- I love doing arts and crafts.
- I love photography and I even started a business of it a few years back but now it is my hobby.
- My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice! (the one with Keira Knightley in it) I have watched it too many times!
- I love anything Jane Austen…the books and the movies!
- I play some piano and even learnt the theme song of Pride and Predjudice – Dawn by Dario Marianelli ( I have now forgotten most of it haha)
- I love tea parties!
- I love phoning my best friend and laughing about the silliest things ever with her!
- I am a bit of a clean and tidy freak (except for my clothes cupboard…weird I know)…I don’t like dirt and mess but in a big family that is almost impossible…so I learn and keep on learning to not let it stress me out!
- My pet hate is a wet soggy bath mat…it must be dry please when I step onto it…
- I am afraid of heights….I battle to walk over bridges and the third rung of a ladder makes my feet sweat!
- I love food and eat everything except a banana that is over ripe! Sorry, but its just awful!
- I can be super serious…. but then I can also be super silly 😀
- I enjoy laughing and hanging out with my family and friends…we can be super loud and crazy at times!